Highlighted
JoseM97
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 15 5555, won't turn on after normal shutdown

Hi everyone I have an issue, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series, the model is the Inspiron 5555

After using it for a while I decided to let it rest, so a turn it off, when I came back the laptop won't turn on, the battery was fully charged and everything was working great!! but after that shutdown doesn't turn on, I already tried a few things

Pushing the power button withouth the cable and the battery on the Laptop, I tried it for, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 60 seconds on different times and didn't work, sometimes it showed me like a white/amber led but didn't show anything and it won't turn on, and in a different occasion gave me a flashing fully white led, but it again didn't work, it doesn't give me any beep or anything

also I tried doing the same steps withouth the HDD, RAM and BIOS Battery, again no different result

Why is happening this to me haha Smiley Sad?

The computer has the latest Windows 10 Update, 12 GB Ram, A10 Proccesor, HDD 1TB 

Thank you so much for wasting your time on my case haha, I'm really desperate!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 5555, won't turn on after normal shutdown

Please verify wall outlet (or power surge protector) is working correctly

1.Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet

2.Connect another device on the wall outlet to verify if the wall outlet is working correctly

3.Try a known-good wall outlet.

4. Plug the AC adapter directly to the wall outlet. By-pass any power regulators like surge protectors, UPS (uninterruptible power supply), power splitters etc,.

Check and see if LED indictor on the AC adapter is solid green or blue

Reset the AC adapter by following these steps:

1.Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet for 15 seconds

2. Unplug the AC adapter from the PC.

3. Plug the AC adapter to a known-good wall outlet.

4. Plug the AC adapter to the PC.

5. Check the LED indicator on the AC adapter

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Check if the ID pin inside the plug or adapter port is bent, broken or damaged see image below:

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

I see Dell Robert has giving you a response to your question in the other thread:

en.community.dell.com/.../20018409

0 Kudos