Highlighted
drakhorse112
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Laptop display flickers.

Recently I've came across a problem while using my dell laptop.

Whenever the brightness is lower than 100% the display starts to flicker in a strange way ( sort of video artifacts) Also happens in bios and on boot. On 100% brightness no flickers are to be seen.

I've tried updating the bios and graphics drivers none of this solutions would help, though, after updating the bios (installing any version of bios) the problem seems to go away for a little while, then it comes back.

I've seen that it is a very common problem. The laptop is fairly new, I have it for about a week or so but the problem had been there since the very beginning. 

I believe it is a software issue but found no solution to it yet.

Returning it to the shop isn't really an option as it would require me sending it back to the country where it was bought from so it will make things more complicated.

specs : i7-7700HQ

FHD Display

intel hd 630

8gb ram

128gb ssd/1tb hdd

gtx 1050 4gb.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Laptop display flickers.

Thank you for your message.

What is the current BIOS version installed?

Does the flickering happen if you move the LCD back & forth? 

Open device manager – expand display adapter – right click on the graphic driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver)

Manually check for Windows updates & then reboot the computer.

For my reference, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
drakhorse112
1 Copper

Thank you for answering.

The display flickers only when brightness is lower then 100%, no flickers on movement of either the lid or the computer. Bios version is 1.0.1 but I've been through latest bios versions and no changes happened. Updated both drivers for gpus no changes either.

0 Kudos

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the details requested, we will have this checked for you.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos