Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2013 02:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000(7537) WiFi issue

Hi,

I purchased  the dell inspiron 7000 laptop last week. It has some issues with wifi connectivity.. Though it gets connected, we can see the signal bar fluctuating randomly and the speed of the interent connection is very slow. I am using the same connection for my phone and also checked it with other laptops and the wifi connection seems to have no problem. The download speed on the laptop shows 0.50mbps, while the download speed on another laptop connected to the same connection at the same time and spot shows 6.8mbps.

I have reported the issue the very next day of my purchase, so far I have not obtained any help from the dell customer support. Finally two days back I got a mail stating that there will be a service engineer visiting me in 2-3 working days. But ironically today I get a call form the customer support and they said the person wont be coming for the next week or so as they do not have the parts available.

Why would you want to change the part  of a brand new laptop which is not even two weeks old????Is this a known issue for this model??

94 Posts

March 13th, 2014 09:00

Oh...
okay...

2 Posts

I did not replace the card yet, I just made purchase. When I finally get 7260 AC card than I put into the laptop and I will test again and share the results in this topic. I think it’s take a week, I am a little bit busy.

94 Posts

Hi,

Anybody with the Full HD screen ever did screen test? Specially Color banding/gradient banding??

94 Posts

By the way I tested this laptop on two routers with standard WiFi adapter and on the Netgear DGN2200 v3 WiFi is work like a charm. But on the other house where is standard, cheap router from internet supplier WiFi is not working correctly. There are big lags, transfer rate is mostly bellow 80 kB/s. It is impossible to watch clips on youtube etc.

Did you test it after replacing with Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 card or before?

4 Posts

March 13th, 2014 13:00

I have bought this computer yesterday. There are same problems with wifi, but I have one more problem, that is not described in any forum. Any program, launched from start menu, doesn't find internet connection: weather, maps, even windows store isn't working. I have G-Data antivirus installed. I tried to shut down windows firewall and G-Data antivirus, but still no luck. Have anyone experienced this problem? How to fix it?

15 Posts

March 13th, 2014 22:00

i replaced my card to 7260 ac . the wifi is stable now. I would suggest you to download the latest driver and latest bios. Uninstall the Intel network utility and let windows control the connection. 

15 Posts

March 13th, 2014 22:00

what laptop you have? have u upgraded your wireless card?

15 Posts

March 13th, 2014 23:00

And to all of those who dont wanna change the card please do this"""" uninstall the Wireless-N 7260 adapter repeatedly until it reverts to the original Microsoft network driver. then re-install the latest Intel driver only - no PROSet application - and the network connection will be stable. 

94 Posts

March 15th, 2014 01:00

Anyone experience color/gradient banding on this 1920x1080 display? 

1 Message

March 15th, 2014 10:00

Hello. The first day i had the same problem with wifi signal. i tried all that about drivers etc. but the problem was there. Somewhere in a reply i read about changing the wifi card so i opened the back cover to check what wifi card i have. The wifi card has two wires. one black and a white one. The white was disconnected. when i press it and it connected on the antenna the signal was perfect. so friends check your antenna wire. i hope this will help. sorry for my english. thanks.
No Events found!