Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2017 13:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (7567) Screen Lines/Artifacts

Good afternoon. So I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (7567) for my wife on July 13 and it was delivered on July 21st without any issues. The purpose for the laptop is more work and school since my wife is not a gamer, but I wanted to get her the best possible specs for the long term. All drivers on the laptop are from the Dell site and the laptop shipped with Windows 10 Pro. On the night I received it, my wife decided to watch some Netflix while I slept and the next morning, she sent me the attached screen shots. According to her, the screen just turned that way after having watched about 30 minutes of full screen material. She also stated that it flickered and that Windows was for a short while somewhat unresponsive (she couldn't restart the system). The following day I turned on the laptop without any screen issues. I did research and noticed a lot of driver issues with the Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti GPU were being posted, but most specified BSOD issues with the Nvidia drivers not the Dell drivers. Nevertheless, I removed the Dell drivers and clean installed them again. Afterward, I did a barrage of tests on the laptop to see if the problem was hardware or software related. These are some of the tests I ran:

- Dell BIST tests

- AIDA64 Extreme Stability and Monitor Diagnostics tests

- Futuremark 3DMark SkyDiving Benchmark and Stress Test

None of the tests could replicate any issues with the screen. No artifacts whatsoever.

That same night the issue came up again, while watching Netflix and this time the lines were blue. Once again, I returned home to perform more tests. This time around, I wanted to try full screen movies as opposed to stress tests. When watching Netflix for about 30 minutes, I noticed every so often a single horizontal blue line streak across the screen, random locations. Since it happened so random, I do not have a picture or video. I also watched a movie from the hard drive, as opposed to streaming, and although it happened, it wasn't nowhere near as often. On a different night, my wife tells me the lines came back again when she paused and went to get some water, but they went away shortly. The only observations she made on all instances was that she remembers that every time the lines appeared, they were vertical, on the right side of the screen and that she had just paused the movies. I have videos of the issues, but I guess the size was too big to post. I spent watching almost an hour of film on Netflix, but could not replicate the issue. I started leaning towards a loose cable contact theory, but I'm not sure. Today marks 7 days since I received the laptop and I've finally decided to make this post. This laptop is new and this should not be an issue for something out-the-box, but now I have this LCD (or GPU) concern. I would like some guidance/answers (technical, RMA, etc.).

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 28th, 2017 13:00

Your best bet:  call and arrange a system exchange.  This one needs a replacement screen, which isn't worth pursuing on a brand-new system.

August 8th, 2017 06:00

Sorry for the delayed response. Took your advice ejn63 and contacted Dell about the issue. They issued an RMA, I sent it in and they just notified me that the issue was motherboard related and after repairs/swap, it has been sent back to me. Once I receive it, I'll run some tests on it once again and hopefully this would be the end of the it all.

4 Posts

November 1st, 2017 08:00

I have this same exact computer and every time it goes into sleep mode and wakes I get this exact kind of full screen artifact issue

4 Posts

November 1st, 2017 11:00

I just bought this laptop a few weeks ago and am having the exact same problem. Full screen of these same artifacts every time it wakes from sleep mode. Did a full factory restore and the problem remained.

I returned the laptop this morning. A real shame because otherwise,  I really like this computer.

1 Message

November 2nd, 2017 21:00

Mines does the exact same thing did you find a fix?

November 3rd, 2017 10:00

Sorry for the delayed response. After the first RMA shipping, they told me the motherboard was faulty and replaced it. That didn't fix the issue once I received it so it was sent back again with a notice that unless the issue was resolved, a full refund or factory new laptop was expected. After the 2nd RMA shipping, they once again replaced the motherboard and I have not had any further issues since. Hope it works out for you.

1 Message

December 6th, 2017 05:00

This might be a different issue. I had this problem and I just reinstalled the graphics drivers. Just remember to check the box that says "Delete Driver Files", or something like that. It should fix your problem

9 Posts

December 19th, 2017 17:00

I think I have the same problem as you sir , can you tell me how things went with you ?

No Events found!