Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2014 02:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series (7537) Blank screen, windows 8 not booting, no BIOS?

I just a bought a new laptop yesterday, DELL Inspiron 15 7000 Series Model 7537, with windows 8 installed, I checked the laptop and surfed the internet a bit, I checked the windows 8.1 in store and it showed me that I have to update my windows first in order to download this 8.1 update, i decided to update the windows.

When i started the windows update, it showed me there were 112 updates there, i clicked on download the updates, but none of them seemed to work, however I searched around and found that I must turn off the metered connections limit download. However, the updates seemed to download and after downloading around 70 updates i decided to restart my laptop.

My laptop restarted with a dell logo, and right after that a blank screen, and after a while a cursor.

I have been restarting my laptop since yesterday and to no aid, a blank screen is showed and nothing else happens. I tried to enter BIOS setup to boot from the other D drive recovery, but I am unable to enter the BIOS setup.

I try to press F8, F12, F2, F10, to enter BIOS or atleast start the automatic windows recovery, but nothing seems to be working.

I spent a lot of my hard earned money to buy a new laptop with a new windows, and this is really frustrating, any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards.

August 26th, 2014 11:00

I am having the same problem and bought the computer in Feb 14.  Got the "you can purchase a software support since your warranty is up after 90 days" from tech support, that is not right.  Would be interested if you get a solution.

Thanks

2 Posts

February 17th, 2015 14:00

I have a similar issue today.  My Dell Inspiron 15 (7000 Series) 7547 asked me to update the Bios today.  When I chose to do this the computer just locked up for about 2 hours.  Then, the computer eventually turned off.  When I push the power button now, the screen stays black and only the power button lights up.  I have tried powering up the computer and powering it down several times and all get is the black screen.

HELP!!

2 Posts

February 17th, 2015 15:00

Hi Lee.  The computer will not even boot up.  I press the power button and get nothing but a black screen.

Pressing ctrl + alt  + del does nothing.

Now what?

Are you able to view task manager on the blank screen with a Cursor that is showing?

If so, please try the following:

1 . Press CTRL + ALT+DEL to open Task manager.

2. From task manager Run the task Appwiz.cpl which opens program and features and uninstall  the following Taplika or WSE_taplika and any other suspicious looking programs.

3. Then check for any weird add-on’s on IE and other browsers used by the customer and disable it  and run auto run to disable any entries related to the Taplika.

Try to also power drain the system to remove any static on the Motherboard. Remove the battery, press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds, put back the battery and try to boot. If same issue persist, it looks like the OS is corrupted and you will need to re-install the OS. If unable to re-install the OS, you can ask for support from Dell folks for the next logical step.

Chat link: www.dell.com/.../tagchange;l=en&s=biz
Phone: 1-800-456-3355

1 Message

February 27th, 2015 07:00

I had the exact same problem last night, did you find a solution

1 Message

July 4th, 2015 11:00

I have the same problem here ! Same laptop series too, i have been trying and trying, the only thing that show up is the blue screen, then when i press refresh it, it will startup and all my downloaded games are gone, then the next time i shut down i cant start it up again, please help

1 Message

July 26th, 2015 20:00

My Inspiron 15 7000 Series Aluminum Laptop monitor went blank after few updates (optional) from Microsoft Windows. I see these posts had similar issues. Has anyone found a solution or help from Dell? 

March 11th, 2017 15:00

I faced the same issue today. I own an Inspiron 15 7000 series laptop.   Suddenly my keyboard stopped working,  then I tired to restart it. While restarting it got stuck in the Restarting screen for more than an hour and was unable to force shut down using the power button too. Then it automatically got shut down after a while. Now when I am trying to turn it on again,  all the lights are just blinking for a sec and nothing happens. Did anyone got the solution for this problem?  Please let me know.

Regards

Abhishek Sarkar

No Events found!