Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2016 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series Screen Flickering

Hello, I purchased this touch laptop months ago and it has barely been used or even mobile. I have had an issue with the screen flickering for quite some time, it came out of nowhere prompting me to use the laptop less. 

The screen does NOT have an issue with flickering and brightness. The screen flickers EVERY time I move/touch the monitor at all. Sometimes when I move the entire laptop. Please give advice on what I should do as I don't have a ton of $$ to go anywhere to get it fixed and I bought the laptop in brand new condition from Craigslist so there is not a warranty.

Thank you for the help and please do not respond if you have the same problem, but you do not have a viable solution, that helps no one. 

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 1st, 2016 17:00

Do you know if this happens on battery mostly or AC adapter or it doesn't seem to matter.  Do you notice this happening on the LCD panel or are you using an external monitor?

If you are using Intel HD graphics try the following and let me know if it seems to help. 

Right click on the desktop, choose Intel Graphics Properties, click on the "power" box, choose battery, and disable "Panel Self Refresh" then check to see this seems to help and report back. 

TB

June 1st, 2016 19:00

Hi Terry, the screen flickers both when on battery or not. I also tried your suggestion and there is no option of "Panel Self Refresh" 

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 2nd, 2016 14:00

I was hoping that this would be a power issue and not a hardware issue with the display, but if the only time that you notice the problem is when moving the LCD panel or even the notebook that sounds like either a loose connection for the data cable or a defect in the panel itself and that the system will require a service.  If you are good with notebooks and have replaced LCDs before it could just be a loose connection with the LVDS cable.  For further instructions please check out the service manual here.

TB

1 Message

September 7th, 2016 01:00

When I did that panel self refresh and turned it off it stopped the flickering. So I turned it back on to see if it would start again and it didn't. Also it only did it when on battery power. Could you tell me what this could be? I have a Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 15.6" with 4k display.

No Events found!