Highlighted
mattm177
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series Screen Problems

Jump to solution

Hey everyone. Recently, my computer's screen has been on the fritz, and I'm wondering if this might be something I can replace by myself with a part or if it's something that requires sending it back to Dell.

The screen can still look normal, but will sometimes freeze completely if the computer lid is moved from a certain angle. When this happens there's also visual artifacts and a change of colour - sometimes the screen goes completely black. The problems are mostly gone whenever I'm moving the lid, but come back when I stop. Can I replace the screen my myself do you guys think? Or is it a cable that needs replacing/ a more solid connection

0 Kudos
1 Reply
9 Rhodium

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series Screen Problems

Jump to solution

Reseat (disconnect and reconnect) both ends of the wiring harness that runs between the mainboard and back of the display panel.  Check the cable for damage -- if it's damaged, or reseating doesn't fix the issue, replace the panel with a new one.

Depending on how handy you are with notebook repairs, it may be doable -- if not, a local shop can do the job for an hour's labor charge or so.

0 Kudos