Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 3rd, 2017 12:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

Good afternoon,

I recently (3 months ago) bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming Laptop, since I got it I have had a couple of issues that were corrected after I updated my BIOS 3 days ago. But a new problem has started, a worse problem than the ones I had previously. 

I decided to update my BIOS because I was having what I thought was a Video card issue. When ever I started watching a video on Youtube the laptop would freeze for about 2 seconds (just once per start, if I restarted the PC it would freeze again) and also when I turned on the computer before the DELL logo the PC would blink for a couple of seconds. 

After I updated the BIOS 3 days ago, it was fixed but now my PC turns off and restarts at random times. I already ran the http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/4d80l22/diagnose and everything was fine according to it.

My guess is that it obviously has something to do with the new BIOS which is the 1.2.0.

Could you please help me, I'm worry that if I keep using the PC and it keeps shutting down I'm going to damage the computer. As every time it restarts I get a blue screen, which says I could try and Fix it (Go back to a previous version) or restart.

1 Message

November 11th, 2017 22:00

I am having the same issue . Please help.

1 Message

November 12th, 2017 12:00

+1, only on battery

5 Posts

November 12th, 2017 13:00

At this point, with multiple people experiencing the problem, it would be nice for Dell to at least acknowledge they're working on a fix.  What good is my laptop, if it requires I stay plugged in :(

10 Posts

November 13th, 2017 00:00

Still no fix yet, Dell? The BIOS update is really buggy :( I considered using my warranty to let the techs check it but as other users mentioned above, we passed all hardware tests. Please update soon.

9 Posts

November 13th, 2017 07:00

Please help, I am also experiencing the same issue. BIOS update 1.2.0 causes random shutdowns on battery power. This issue is unacceptable on a new laptop.

System: Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming

1 Message

November 13th, 2017 08:00

Same issue as OP, need to get this BIOS update as soon as possible.

4 Posts

November 13th, 2017 13:00

Same problem here, after installed the BIOS 1.2.0 my computer now restart when on Battery. Someone uses Dell Advanced Battery too? Now I disabled the Dell Advanced Battery and will check with the problem persists. In Event Viewer is possible to see "change of power source".

3 Posts

November 13th, 2017 14:00

I am also having the same issue.  Was having an issue when i just close the laptop without powering down or hibernating where the screen would go grey and i couldnt do anything so i read on here that updating the BIOS fixed that issue.  So i updated to 1.20 today about an hour ago and now twice my computer has restarted on its own while i am watching videos online.  I also dont see a 1.21 on my dell support page.  I really wish they would fix this as this laptop is only 2 months old and shouldnt be having issues like this.  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 13th, 2017 17:00

Anyone getting a dump file you could put on OneDrive and give us a link?

9 Posts

November 13th, 2017 17:00

I can also confirm that the sudden restarts occur when playing videos in a web browser. Not sure if this is the only time the restarts occur while running on battery power.

Event Viewer shows Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" -- logged right after the reboot.

2 Posts

November 13th, 2017 21:00

it happened to me as well, first I though it was from the heat issues, apparently it is not. Until I monitored the temperatures and seems like everything just fine. I cannot leave my computer unplugged otherwise this problems is going to happen again. Hope Dell can fix this issues, it is very annoying

2 Posts

November 13th, 2017 23:00

3 days ago, I updated bios for my laptop dell 7567, version 1.2.0, then my laptop work well, the next day I turn on my laptop and it cannot show display. I bring it go to dell service center, they said maybe main board fail or hard drive fail. I'm sad and worry about this-dell 7567 (hardware) and software ( window 10 version 1709) and firmware bios 1.2.0

November 14th, 2017 11:00

Any update about the problem from DELL???

November 14th, 2017 20:00

This sounds like my situation exactly. Had the vertical line glitch after sleep, and so I got the BioS ups good. Now I was using my laptop without the power cord for the first time today and it just shut off twice in 10 minutes.

5 Posts

November 14th, 2017 21:00

My laptop had the same issue. First had the glitch screen after sleep and updating the BIOS to the 1.2.0 version solved it, but i had then another problem. Now my laptop freezes at random times and sometimes reboot (not so often) and became anoying, plugged and unplugged. Then i decided to downgrade the BIOS to the 1.1.0 version and the frezees still persist. The screen glitch did'nt go back. Sometimes i have to force the shutdowns because the programs just fail and dont respond (all this while websurfing or using Autocad or whatever). Please DELL solve this problem.

No Events found!