Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 3rd, 2017 12:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

Good afternoon,

I recently (3 months ago) bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming Laptop, since I got it I have had a couple of issues that were corrected after I updated my BIOS 3 days ago. But a new problem has started, a worse problem than the ones I had previously. 

I decided to update my BIOS because I was having what I thought was a Video card issue. When ever I started watching a video on Youtube the laptop would freeze for about 2 seconds (just once per start, if I restarted the PC it would freeze again) and also when I turned on the computer before the DELL logo the PC would blink for a couple of seconds. 

After I updated the BIOS 3 days ago, it was fixed but now my PC turns off and restarts at random times. I already ran the http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/4d80l22/diagnose and everything was fine according to it.

My guess is that it obviously has something to do with the new BIOS which is the 1.2.0.

Could you please help me, I'm worry that if I keep using the PC and it keeps shutting down I'm going to damage the computer. As every time it restarts I get a blue screen, which says I could try and Fix it (Go back to a previous version) or restart.

January 4th, 2018 16:00

Hello , i recently bought a dell gaming laptop and i'm also having this issue , i tried to rollback the bios but it flashes it with the same version (1.4.0) , even dell support isn't responding , please help !!

January 4th, 2018 19:00

Hi Sami

When you bought the laptop and from when on wards you are facing this problem

What is the model number?

71 Posts

January 4th, 2018 20:00

Well, I could upload the HTML generated by System Info on Dell Help and Support app, but I don't seem to be able to (at least from Firefox). Anyway, the config for my Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 is:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

Memory: 16GB

Battery: DELL 71JF452

Drives: TOSHIBA THNSNK128GVN8 M.2 2280 128GB and TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100

Video: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Display mode: 1920 x 1080 (32-bit) (60 Hz)

Built in November 2017

Currently on BIOS version 1.1 (was 1.2 when I experienced the problem).

January 4th, 2018 23:00

Hello , i bought my laptop on the 23rd of december 2017 , i started having reboot issues right after flashing the bios , since the laptop came with free dos , i installed windows 10 and then i installed all the drivers from the dell website thinking thinking that it will make it perform better , now i can't even use it without the AC adapter and i can't even downgrade to a previous version of bios , also the computer shut down right in the middle of directx update , which caused the program to show errors and refuse to reinstall , please help .

3 Posts

January 4th, 2018 23:00

My Inspiron 7567 randomly reboots 100% of the time. If you need a related log, tell me. If you can solve this problem, you can provide all the information.

71 Posts

January 5th, 2018 02:00

Perhaps DELL could get a user who can replicate the problem consistently and frequently to send their machine, offering a replacement first, in order to expedite a fix of this problem that so many of us are having. Either that or work with that user to get all the information needed.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

January 15th, 2018 09:00

@Community,

Dell's engineering team has advised me that the issue will be resolved VIA a BIOS update which will be released around the end of this month.

I will post back here when the BIOS is released.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

February 2nd, 2018 15:00

@Community, 

The Inspiron 7567 BIOS update is delayed due to the Spectre/Meltdown concern.

I will follow-up with more detail later.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

February 19th, 2018 10:00

Hi Community,

Please download and install newly released BIOS 1.5.3.

Looking forward to your feedback.

9.4K Posts

February 20th, 2018 06:00

Everyone,

This board is archived and customer's can not respond here.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please note the new thread here, and you will be able to post at the new location.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Dell-7567-BIOS-1-5-3-still-is-turning-off-and-restarting/m-p/5907092#M12224

No Events found!