LuisR17
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

Good afternoon,

I recently (3 months ago) bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming Laptop, since I got it I have had a couple of issues that were corrected after I updated my BIOS 3 days ago. But a new problem has started, a worse problem than the ones I had previously. 

I decided to update my BIOS because I was having what I thought was a Video card issue. When ever I started watching a video on Youtube the laptop would freeze for about 2 seconds (just once per start, if I restarted the PC it would freeze again) and also when I turned on the computer before the DELL logo the PC would blink for a couple of seconds. 

After I updated the BIOS 3 days ago, it was fixed but now my PC turns off and restarts at random times. I already ran the http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/4d80l22/diagnose and everything was fine according to it.

My guess is that it obviously has something to do with the new BIOS which is the 1.2.0.

Could you please help me, I'm worry that if I keep using the PC and it keeps shutting down I'm going to damage the computer. As every time it restarts I get a blue screen, which says I could try and Fix it (Go back to a previous version) or restart.

190 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after BIOS update

In your Dell Product Support page, I suggest updating the Chipset and Video drivers in correct order or one by one. Please click on link below:

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

EDIT:

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Or....

Select Drivers & Downloads in the File you have posted above, and then click Detect Drivers.

0 Kudos
LuisR17
1 Nickel

I have already updated all of my drivers using that same tool you suggested but for some reason, it detects my chipset driver and says I should update it, but I have done the Download and Install thing on the webpage and also manually downloaded the chipset driver and it says it is installed. But it says it isn't when I run the Detect Drivers. (Actually there are 2 drivers the chipset and WIFI Driver)

0 Kudos
djklu31
1 Copper

I'm having the exact problem as the OP after updating the BIOS. I notice that this only happens when powered by the battery.  The logs say that it's a Kernal-Power error with a code of 41.

Gureen
1 Nickel

Same problem as OP. My laptop was working perfectly fine until this happened. I've been looking everywhere for a solution that can fix it. Please help.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi djklu31,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information from Microsoft that may be helpful:  http://dell.to/2zpn3NW

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
LuisR17
1 Nickel

As diklu31 said, I hadn't noticed it only happens when unplugged.

Thanks for the reply Robert, but what you suggested didn't help and I know for a fact it's not a hardware issue, as I have ran every possible test and it all checks. It has to do with the BIOS update.

Anyways, please let me know if/when you guys find a solution. Thanks!

StevieT65
1 Nickel

Add me to the list of users experiencing the exact same thing :-(

lop2017
1 Nickel

I'm wondering if the issue I experienced today is the same thing.  I updated the latest BIOS a couple of days ago and today is the first time I ran on battery only. The screen would go dark and laptop appears to go to sleep. It did that a few times even when it was not idle. I posted the issue elsewhere in this forum.  en.community.dell.com/.../20024167.

0 Kudos