Highlighted
osheadavid7
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series - 2 weeks old - boots to black screen

Hello.

We purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series less than a month ago.

- Last week the screen started flickering. If flickered even at bios/before os. Laptop is dual boot and issue persists in Windows and Linux.

- All windows updates appears to be installed including driver and bios updates (now at 1.2.4) according to the Dell update utility.

- As of this morning the laptop boots to black screen and now is only usable with an external monitor. There are no beeps at boot or visual warnings in Windows. Latest Intel and Nvidia drivers have been installed. Laptop has been restarted several times to no avail. Currently running full diagnostics from F12 at boot. No error found yet and have 3hrs 22 min left.

- I've darkened the room and shone a torch on the laptop screen in case it is just a back light issue but am unable to see anything on the laptop screen, only usable with external monitor. Windows display settings gives the options to extend/duplicate displays so this makes me believe Windows is able to detect the laptop screen.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series - 2 weeks old - boots to black screen

Hi there, sorry for the late reply, were you still having trouble with this system? From the sounds of this, it sounds like a hardware issue but I was curious if anything has changed since your post?

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
osheadavid7
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series - 2 weeks old - boots to black screen

Unfortunately nothing has changed. In the time between posts I contacted dell directly, they told me to return it to the reseller for repair under warranty.

0 Kudos