Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7537

Jump to solution

Lucky you. Tech support told me that they could not provide a dual band model of the card, so I ended up buying the dual band 7260 AC for $25

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106190

The installation was easy and the card worked immediately as the Intel drivers are the same.

Performance on both 2.4 and 5 GHz is good.

So, I guess the advise to any owner should be to insist that Dell replace the card with the correct dual band version, as they were able to do so for you.
Something that makes me wonder about Dell's handling of this issue is the fact that my review on the product page, were I pointed out the fact that the WiFi card is not dual band, seems to have been suppressed, and I was not using any bad language. Maybe someone else from this thread can post a review as well. I will try it once more.

Best regards,

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

vould you tell me what mbps download speed you get at lets say 35-40 feet away from the router i you do the speedtest.net ?

kind regards

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I too spoke with Dell at length on this issue.  My invoice clearly states Intel Dual Band Wireless-N.  The first technician said that it could connect to 2.4 GHZ and 2.4 GHZ so it was dual band (Really?).  The second technician agreed with me that my invoice states dual band and my computer has a single band card and actually went to bat for me with customer service, but I'm still stuck because they won't do anything about it since I've discovered it more than 30 days after purchase.  I will be also shopping for a new card.  Super disappointed with Dell, they could have kept a loyal customer (I direct technology at a 1400+ PC school district) by replacing a $30 card, but instead I am rethinking future purchases.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

And then amazingly, the Dell support rep calls back and says they have set up a replacement with an actual dual band card! Thank you so much Dell Support!