Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2016 16:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7548 fuzzy screen come and go

Hello,

I have Dell Inspiron 15 7548, recently I am experiencing an issue in which my laptop screen suddenly becomes fuzzy with pink and green horizontal lines and the screen becomes not responsive. I have to restart the laptop to use it again. This issue appears randomly without any warning and i am getting to much irritated with this. 

My laptop screen is 4K with touch support.

Thanks,

Moeez

2K Posts

September 25th, 2016 21:00

Hi MOOEEZ313,

Does the system overheat? Does this happen with or without the adapter connected? Are there any bluescreens / system crashes? What applications are you using when the issue occurs?

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/2dl5Cp4- reinstall the video drivers and check.

If the issue is not resolved, run a stress test on the system - http://dell.to/1NEc1Y4

Connect an external monitor and check if the issue is seen on both external display and the LCD.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG - swivel the screen and check if the issue reoccurs.

If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

4 Posts

September 26th, 2016 09:00

Hello Rishi,

Thanks for your response.

I tried what you suggested. I ran diagnostic test from Bios and it came out ok with no error and all test passed.

I did LCD bist test and swiwel screen and did everything but the fuzzy screen did not appear. I then ran the online diagnostic and it is showing " Video card: Intel HD Graphics 5500 , Primary Surface Test Failed WVC07-L5N"

I am attaching the video link of my laptop during that fuzzy screen. Kindly check it and respond.

www.youtube.com/watch

Also it does not appear when laptop is hot or in specific application, It just appear randomly when it feels, at that point i tried pressing the screen borders, even tapping bottom area but no luck and i had to restart the computer to use it again. It is annoying and I have no idea when to expect that again. I am running the laptop on Battery and till now it has not appeared. It has appeared mostly when I am charging my laptop as If during that screen, if i remove my charging cord from the laptop , the laptop turns off automatically.

There were the symptoms that i am experiencing . I have no idea what to do .

My laptop is not under warrenty now and I am in Lahore, Pakistan and I have no idea where is your authorized service center .

Kindly Help

Thanks,

Moeez

4 Posts

September 26th, 2016 09:00

And no there is no blue screen error or any crashes, the screen just freezes with those 3D type images moving horizontally. I have to restart the computer to use it again.

4 Posts

September 26th, 2016 11:00

Thanks for your response.

I tried what you suggested. I ran diagnostic test from Bios and it came out ok with no error with all tests passed.

I did LCD bist test and swivel screen and did everything but the fuzzy screen did not appear. I then ran the online diagnostic and it is showing " Video card: Intel HD Graphics 5500 , Primary Surface Test Failed WVC07-L5N"

I am attaching the video link of my laptop during that fuzzy screen. Kindly check it and respond.

www.youtube.com/watch

Also it does not appear when laptop is hot or in specific application, It just appear randomly when it feels, at that point i tried pressing the screen borders, even tapping bottom area but no luck and i had to restart the computer to use it again. It is annoying and I have no idea when to expect that again. I am running the laptop on Battery and till now it has not appeared. It has appeared mostly when I am charging my laptop as If during that screen, if i remove my charging cord from the laptop , the laptop turns off automatically.

There were the symptoms that i am experiencing . I have no idea what to do .

My laptop is not under warrenty now and I am in Lahore, Pakistan and I have no idea where is your authorized service center .

Kindly Help as I am a student and this is affecting me a lot.

Thanks,

Moeez

2K Posts

September 28th, 2016 03:00

Hi Moeez,

Thank you for the update.

Well, upon viewing the video and based on your description and error reported about the diagnostics, I suspect a failing motherboard.

You could try using an external monitor and check for the distortion.

Also, if the system turns off when the adapter is disconnected, the battery might not be charging. 

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).

If the battery is not charging, then try another adapter / battery. If the issue is not resolved, then the dc port needs to be replaced. If it still wont work, then the motherboard is at fault.

Dell service center in Pakistan - http://dell.to/1yXlL2U

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!