Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2017 03:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 BSOD sounds

So whenever I play media from youtube or facebook, every few seconds or so there will be a slight stutter in sound and the video. The sound is exactly like BSOD. I have tried many of the fixes and the problem still persist. 

• 

16.7K Posts

February 3rd, 2017 09:00

WretchedSoul,

Below is what a few users have done to resolve the issue. 

I have deleted programs, run diagnostic programs and done a defrag and clean up. Having searched the web I am not the only one with the problem. It would seem that Dell Support Assist and Dell Support Assist Agent were installed on my laptop without my knowledge on 12.Feb 2015. I have uninstalled both programs and this has resolved these issues.

To Delete this programs go into the installed programs in Control Panel and uninstall. Let me know if this helps.

February 3rd, 2017 19:00

I have already uninstalled said programs but the problem still remains.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 4th, 2017 04:00

I have tried many of the fixes

If you list the things you have already done, then people might suggest something you have not yet tried.

February 4th, 2017 08:00

I have done all the things mentioned  in the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ (en.community.dell.com/.../), but I have yet to do a reset or contact dell support.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 4th, 2017 08:00

Having had Netflix for a while, I am used to sound having problems during streaming media.  Especially if it is coming from the Internet, the problem may be out of your control.

I would be watching the Network performance, which you can do with Task Manager.  In addition, I have a Router which will show the network traffic.  If that stream is constant or peaks every few seconds, it would be a good sign.  If there was some way to watch the buffer that would be great.  Maybe try pausing the stream for a second or two to see if it helps.

As for your system, you might also check the processor speed and utilization during these times.  It may be running slow and is not speeding up quickly so as to deal with increased audio requirement.  Something might be running doing some quick check and taking processor time.  The Resource Monitor gives you a better view of some of these details.

I haven't dealt with QoS f(Quality of Service) for a while but if you have a router which allows the option you might try setting or unsetting it depending on how it is set not.

February 8th, 2017 07:00

So is there no fix to this ? And should I just contact Dell support.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 10th, 2017 06:00

Yes, but the warranty doesn't cover software if that what is causing the problem.

No Events found!