Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2016 15:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Battery Problems or So I think

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 15 7559 a month ago. The first week it was amazing with no problems at all. 

Then when I was working on it, left it plugged in and left is for a while, then came back to it after 1 hour or so, I noticed that the battery was discharging. 

Did not mind it until it went to "plugged in, charging" 0% and it shut off completely. 

I tried to turn it on several times and it did not turn on. 

Called Dell service center and advised to remove the battery. I cannot remove the battery completely because of the screw type but managed to remove the cables. 

I turn it back on and it worked again. But after a few days the probem kept recurring. 

Its going like "plugged in, charging" but it is not charging. Or "1 hour 05minutes to full charge" but after an hour it will be "1 hour 40minutes to full charge". I mean what gives. 

Have done all that was advised in the internet but not hing is working. 

I have done restart task manager, uninstall API, and all that, but the problem is recurring.

BIOS was updated recently also. So is it hardware of software. 

Please help for anymore ideas?

Its brand new, it rocks when it is working, but I dont have the patience to kept on checking for hte battery status. It is getting annoying also. 

Thank you. 

2K Posts

September 25th, 2016 21:00

Hi SANDMAN99,

Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? 

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

3 Posts

September 26th, 2016 04:00

Hi Mr. Dell,

Yes I am using an ORIGINAL OEM Adapter. I just bought this unit a month ago.

The adapter stays firm does not fall off easily and is not frayed.

There is no damage on the system.

I cannot test with another power adapter because the only other adapter I have is for a DELL Studio which is only 65W I think.

I did the F2 on the BIOS thing a few times and there it is showing no problem.

How can I do F12 when the laptop does not even turn on. I will try if it turns on.

I am already disappointed. Don't know why I bought another DELL.

Regards,

Simon.

2K Posts

September 28th, 2016 01:00

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the update.

Well, at this point, does the system power on or not? Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system?

Try this step - press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics. Check for any possible beeps / errors. If the system does not power on, then check if there are any leds that come on when the power button is pressed.

Based on your response, I shall book a service call for an onsite technician visit.

Keep us updated.

3 Posts

October 1st, 2016 15:00

Hi Mr. Dell,

Okay. To be more clear on how the laptop is behaving. I coudn't turn it on, left it and after a few hours tried to turn it back on again plugged in.

It did turn on. Did all the diagnostics as instructed and nothig is showing.

Charged to full.

Next day, it would discharge. Tried all stuff again but still discharging.

Computers shuts off.

Tried to turn it on and then it turn on and starts charging to full.

I tried a cyle of removing the adapted midway and putting back it but at that point it would start discharging.

So what I have been doing for the past days is:

1. Use the computer until battery drains. Computer shuts off.

2. Plug in adapted, turn it on, then charge until full.

3. Use the computer until the battery drains and then repeat the process.

That is the only way I can use the computer.

When I encountered the problem I called the 24/7 toll free number. A guy in Malaysia answered and scheduled a Dell Technician.

The thing is I am always out of the city and my home so I don't really have time staying at home.

That is why I am asking all the questions online and maybe its just a software thing.

Again, when the computer is working, it is good. But the problem with the battery is quite annoying.

Also, why is it that there is a vertical line appearing at the screen that flickers.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

sandman

2K Posts

October 2nd, 2016 15:00

Hi SANDMAN99,

I have responded to your private message.

Kindly check and revert.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!