Highlighted
ranenc25
Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Signature Edition 4K Laptop (LAG when opening start menu)

• 15.6-inch 4K UHD touchscreen
  • Intel Core i7-6700HQ
  • 8GB memory/1TB SSHD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics

Link to full specs and such:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Dell-Inspiron-15-i7559-5012GRY-Signature-Editio...

Hey guys I have recently purchased this laptop from Microsoft and the only thing that is preventing me from loving it is whenever I open the start menu from desktop, my moouse would start to lag and slow down until i close start menu or windows explorer. All my driver has been updated and can't find anything else. When I disable the HD Graphics 530 from device manager, the lag would stop but I am not able to use the brightness keys and the sleep button from start menu would also go away. Also I have another problem is that, every tme I start up the laptop, I would see white spots in the black screen. I've been reading some posts and it could be a bright pixel or something like that. Thank you guys in advance. Any help is welcome!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LSUFAN51
Rhenium

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Signature Edition 4K Laptop (LAG when opening start menu)

Please run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hard drive on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Rhenium

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Signature Edition 4K Laptop (LAG when opening start menu)

If there isn't a error code, I suggest you power off system,disconnect all peripherals, and then remove AC adapter. Wait a few minutes, connect adapter and then power on computer. Hopefully computer doesn't lag anymore.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Rhenium

I also suggest you check for latest windows updates are installed on system. Press windows logo key + R key, type ms-settings:, and then select OK. In Settings, click Update & security, Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. Please don't wait later to schedule update, restart system now. You might have to do the process a few times for all the latest windows updates are installed. Keep in mind, Microsoft provide drivers for you system in their windows updates.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Rhenium

Lastly,

Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, click on 'View All', and then Windows Store Apps. Run the other tools as mark in image below.

0 Kudos