Highlighted
JonoBloo
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 connected to Dell U2713HM monitor over HDMI can't do 2560x1440 resolution in Windows 10

Hi, I can't seem to get anything higher than 1920x1080 in the list of available resolution options when I connect my Dell U2713HM monitor to my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I've run this monitor at 2560x1440 on another laptop over HDMI in the past but that was with Windows 8. The Intel HD Graphics 530 Control Panel doesn't offer any resolutions above 1920x1080 for the external monitor and adding custom resolutions results in the error "the custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity". I'm using the same high speed HDMI cable that worked at 2560x1440 with this monitor on my previous laptop. I'm fully up to date on all of the drivers for the laptop.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure what else to try. Could this be a Windows 10 issue? Should I try the standard Intel HD Graphics 530 drivers from the Intel website?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7559 connected to Dell U2713HM monitor over HDMI can't do 2560x1440 resolution in Windows 10

Hi JonoBloo,

The hardware on the system supports the 2560x1440. It should be a software issue. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Press the Windows key and Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  2. Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.
  3. Now select properties.
  4. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  5. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  6. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
JonoBloo
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 7559 connected to Dell U2713HM monitor over HDMI can't do 2560x1440 resolution in Windows 10

Thanks for the help Ravi! I followed your steps but the result was the same. The Windows display settings and Intel HD Graphics Control Panel options still don't offer any resolutions higher than 1920x1080. Trying to add a custom resolution in the Intel control panel dialog results in the same bandwidth error message that I mentioned previously. Any other ideas or things that I could try?

0 Kudos

Hi JonoBloo,

Please share the system service tag along with registered owner's name, region you are located and your email address on a private message. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

0 Kudos