Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2016 16:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7568 freezes

I purchased the Dell Inspiron 2 in 1 touch screen a couple weeks ago and I have been having issues with it ever since. The computer works fine for several hours and then it just freezes up. The keyboard and touchscreen are both frozen, so I am forced to manually restart the computer. I have a feeling this is only occurring when there is a lapse with internet connectivity. I live in a residence hall and the wifi can be pretty intermittent. Any idea how I can prevent this from happening? Its no big deal when I am just watching netflix, but it happened today while I was working on research for my dissertation. It occurs about once a day now, so its getting to be pretty problematic. Its running on Windows 10 if that helps.  I welcome all suggestions!!

532 Posts

September 22nd, 2016 19:00

Hi,

We’re listening. We’ll surely try and assist you. Please let us know if there were any software or hardware changes made to the computer? As you informed the internet connectivity may be intermittent at your current location, the connectivity also depends on the location and the bandwidth. You may try taking the system to a different network location and check the performance.

Kindly let us know if other devices connected to the same network working fine? We also suggest you to update the wireless drivers and check the connectivity. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download the wireless drivers from "network" section and install it. Please let us know if this helped.

4 Posts

September 23rd, 2016 04:00

I tried to install the Driver update but I keep getting an error message. Installation Blocked: This version cannnot upgrade from the current older product, Please uninstall the older product manually.

532 Posts

September 24th, 2016 00:00

Thank you for the update. We suggest you to uninstall the wireless driver from the control panel. Please follow the below mentioned step to uninstall and then try reinstalling the wireless driver.

Remove the Intel® PROSet software from Control Panel=> Control Panel home=> programs, ‘uninstall a Program’, check if there are any other PROSet software and uninstall it too.

Please let us know if this helped.

4 Posts

September 27th, 2016 11:00

I have followed the directions above. I uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of ProSet software and it just froze on me again!!! I  was in the middle of writing a paper and now I have lost a portion of my work. This is ridiculously to be experiencing these issues on a machine I haven't had for even 30 days. I seriously need help getting to the bottom of this. I paid all this money for a defective machine!

1 Message

September 28th, 2016 20:00

Hi,

I bought my Dell Inspiron 7000 15" and it's also freezing on me constantly. I reported the issue to Dell support and they sent me a box to send the laptop to their repair shop in TX. I sent the laptop and they return it back in about one week and a half. The mentioned that they repaired "a mechanical part" and reinstall the OS. I am not sure what "mechanical part" they are referring to. However, when I got back the laptop the computer froze when I reinstalled Office. That's is just 20 mins after I got back the laptop from their repair shop that supposedly fixed!  I will send this laptop back to them once again.

I know I am not the only one having issues with this model. There is definitely something wrong with these models! I will not recommended to any of my friends.

6 Posts

February 12th, 2017 10:00

I had similar problem with mine. It was freezing but after 30-40 seconds it recovered and worked fine and then later froze again and on and on. I updated firmware on the Sandisk Z400 SSD hard drive and it fixed the issue on my laptop (firmware downloaded from Dell support page for the laptop)

No Events found!