Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2017 07:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7568 recommended Intel WiFi driver update blocked

Running the Dell driver diagnostics/update from the support site, I am sold that I need to install an updated Intel WiFi Driver. When I attempt to download and install the recommended update, I receive an error message stating that "Installation Blocked: This software cannot be installed on your system". What's up with that?

• 

16.7K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 06:00

sckarolek,

That is usually caused because it is the wrong driver being installed. Click the link below to add your system service tag. Then click to submit or dtect configuration. This will show you the hardware configuration for your system.

Dell 7568 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 06:00

Yes, system understands the system service tag. On the link you provided,  I click detect product and it finds the service tag and original configuration information. I click on the current configuration tab and click detect product and I am bounced back to the previous screen. It doesn't detect current configuration.

Clicking on drivers and downloads screen and detect available finds one... the network driver which won't install.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 09:00

If you open the Device Manager and look at the wireless network adapter, you should be able to tell which device you have.  If you double click the device and look at properties and Driver tab, it will give you a driver version and date.

Let us know what those are so we can tell if the driver is actually needed.

Open Device Manager by right clicking on the start button and select from the menu.

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 10:00

Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.

Driver provider Intel

Driver version 17.15.0.5

Driver date 2/22/2015

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 11:00

That is really funny.  I just went through this when I tried to update the Wi-Fi on my system when I got updates available message.  I also got the message the update was blocked with the log showing the below.

Execute: setup.exe   /q /c mup
Error: setup.exe exited with return code: 104
MUP finished: Thu Aug 17 15:27:05 2017

Exiting with Return Code: 104

I will be working on this because possibly I have removed some Dell utilities which might be involved.  I got tired of the hundreds of error messages so they left and errors stopped.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 12:00

Funny can be interpreted as strange..

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 12:00

One of us doesn't think that it is "really funny"...

No Events found!