Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2017 14:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7577 IPS Screen bleed and cloud.

I just ordered a Dell Inspirion 15 7577 on the black friday sale (11/24/17) and, before anything, I'd like to say that Dell did a fantastic job on this model. Great thermal management, stunning graphics and highly solid and durable chassis. I am in love with this laptop.

But unfortunately, my screen did come with some backlight bleeding from the start and some clouding. It is not noticeable when gaming, except when I go into a dark area. But it is there and I cannot seem to ignore it.

I have ran the color tests (power button + D) and they are not noticeable then, but are very noticeable on a black screen.

What are my options and next steps?

Many thanks.

P.S. I am attaching a photo of my screen. The bleed is in the upper-mid section of the screen. And the clouding is most apparent on the upper-left and upper-right corners.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 4th, 2017 16:00

You're probably best off asking for a replacement system.  The other option is to have the screen replaced.

1 Message

December 9th, 2017 12:00

I have the same laptop.

I had light bleed in exactly the same spot.

Pulled back the bezel a tiny bit until it popped off from the clip.

Now lightbleed is completely gone.

Turns out the clip under the bezel is putting too much pressure on the screen causing the bleed.

If you dont mind the tiny gap..

20 Posts

December 26th, 2017 01:00

I have bleeding at exact same spot. I also have 2 dead-bright pixels. Actually here is my screenshot:

They refuse to change device, but agreed to chage Panel

No Events found!