MisterR
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 8 beeps black screen

When my Dell Inspiron N5010 starts it does a endles loop of 8 beeps. I tried external monitor via hdmi and changed the lcd screen. Still no help !

What might be the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 8 beeps black screen

Hi MisterR,

8 beeps code indiates an issue with the LCD, the LCD cable connecting to motherboard may be faulty.

What is the result when you connect the external monitor to the HDMI port? Also try connect an external monitor to the VGA port at the back of the laptop and let me know the results. Let's isolate the issue and see what the best can be done.

Thanks & Regards,
Nabeel A
#IworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US
 / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
MisterR
1 Copper

Connected external monitor via HDMI, not working and black screen still.

Held down "D" key then it just gave slower beeps, but still continues in the cycles.

Changed LCD screen yesterday, still nothing.

0 Kudos

Hi MisterR,

Sorry for the late response. As the display is working even after connect an external monitor and also after replacing the LCD, this could be an issue with the motherboard i.e its could be an issue with the graphic card or with the integrated graphics on the motherboard which needs to be replaced.

Please private message me the system service tag with the name registered on the account. I'll check for the warranty details and see if the motherboard can be replaced. If the system is not covered under warranty then there will be a cost for the repairs.

To send a private message click on my username and select ‘Send private message’. 

Thanks & Regards,
Nabeel A
#IworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US
 / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos