davous267
1 Nickel

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming (7567) + external monitor = (performance) problems

This solution does not work. :/ I still have a noticeable FPS drop compared to the screen 1 (i.e. notebook screen) only.

0 Kudos
hoq0
1 Copper

Hello,

I have this problem on another laptop with hybrid graphics (Intel HD 630 + Nvidia GTX 1060).
Found this thread (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1016860/laptop-1070-external-monitor-stutter/) on Nvidia forum. It seems some other laptop brands are also affected by this problem.

Workarounds that work for me:
1. Kill "Desktop Windows Manager" process from task manager.
2. Disable/enable Intel graphics adapter from device manager.
3. Restart the system when only the external display is active.

The problem with display stuttering occurs every time I switch from the laptop display to an external display.

0 Kudos
davous267
1 Nickel

Hello, thank you for your answer! I tried to do something similar – I completely uninstalled the Intel drivers and disabled their installation via gpedit. This seemed to help in such a way that the external display was fine, however, the notebook screen was stuttering. What's bad is the fact that those workarounds are just temporary and not suited for work. :/ Anyway, thank you for your advice – if I will be in a "gaming-only" session, I will try it for sure. I hope that the Nvidia/Dell/Microsoft ... whoever is responsible for this ... will fix this soon.

0 Kudos