Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2013 21:00

Dell Inspiron 15 R On Boot up I get the Dell company Logo then "Preparing Automatic Repair"

Dell Inspiron 15 R

On Boot up I get the Dell company Logo then "Preparing Automatic Repair" then just goes into a loop

8 Posts

November 19th, 2013 22:00

Hi Ravi

I have run Diagnostics and there are no errors?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 19th, 2013 22:00

Hi ABM Trader,

It looks like an issue with operating system corruption or harddrive error. I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2013 06:00

Hi ABM Trader,

I would suggest that you start the computer to ‘Last Known Good Configuration’and check if the computer goes to the desktop in the operating system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to initiate ‘Last Known Good Configuration’.

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then start your computer by pressing the power button.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, start tapping the key.
  3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter.
  4. Check if the computer starts up normally.

Also, Please let me know if the system is booting up to Safemode.

8 Posts

November 22nd, 2013 15:00

This is Windows 8 and so the only options I get are F2 Setup and F12 Boot Drive Options

I don't get F8 Options?

Regards Tony

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 28th, 2013 07:00

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delayed response. Switch ON the system and switch OFF the system 3 to 4 times when the Dell logo appears. This will make the system to go into ‘Windows 8 Advanced Startup Options’ screen. Please select Troubleshoot option and choose the REFRESH option so that it refreshes the windows operating system.

Note: Please backup all data from the system to perform the above steps.

8 Posts

December 16th, 2013 23:00

None of these options worked so I have formatted my hard drive and loaded my own copy of Windows 7 Ultimate in lieu of windows 8 as I did not receive disks?

How do I connect to the internet as I do not have drivers?

No Events found!