tasamy
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 15 i5559-4682SLV Windows 10 Very Slow After fresh install

Hi,

I have bought Dell Inspiron 15 i5559-4682SLV April 2016. I started to see a message that my power supply is not compatible and can not be determined then my battery is dead then the laptop sound turned weird. I made a fresh install of Windows 10 to fix the sound drive. After a clean install, The computer has been very slow. For 3 months we stopped using it.  Even I can install a new BIOS update as the power supply is not compatible per the laptop message. Can you please advise?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 i5559-4682SLV Windows 10 Very Slow After fresh install

Thank you for your message.

This could be an issue with the AC adapter or the daughter card/motherboard.

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB

Check the status of AC adapter & battery in BIOS, restart the computer & tap F2 to get into BIOS.

Try connecting an alternate adapter if available to this computer or try using the adapter on a different computer & check the functionality.

To assist you better, please click on my Dell username & share the service tag along with the registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
tasamy
1 Nickel

So the computer is slow because of the power supply?

When I searched online, I see many others have the same problem .. See a sample here

en.community.dell.com/.../19655457

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

If you're seeing the adapter unrecognized (F2 at powerup to check), yes - the system will run slowly, as if on battery all the time.

If the adapter shows unknown, replace it with a new Dell OEM adapter first.  If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the DC jack next:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

And if that doesn't solve the issue, the problem is a faulty system board.

0 Kudos
tasamy
1 Nickel

But actually it was working perfectly and fast before the clean install even it had the unrecognized power message.

0 Kudos