Panda90113
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15" 5000 Touch Screen!?!? GPU Upgrade? CPU Possible Bottleneck?

Jump to solution

Gday all.

Just curious on 2 upgrades. I am looking to see if a Touch Screen is available and/or if the GPU is upgradeable. I notice that my Ram/CPU usage isnt fully used when I play games but my GPU is.
I play games such as CS:GO (Counterstrike Global Offense), Rust and rocket league. They dont run too badly, but I'd prefer a better frame rate.

I currently am using a Dell Inspiron 15" 5000 Series laptop.

Specs: 

- i7 6500U 2.5Ghz,  2.6Ghz turbo

- 8Gb Ram (DDR3 I believe, speed im unsure of)

- R5 M335

- Windows 10 64-Bit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do believe the model is a 5559 however not too sure, as for some reason it doenst describe it on the box etc....
However I do know the MPN.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Dell Inspiron 15" 5000 Touch Screen!?!? GPU Upgrade? CPU Possible Bottleneck?

Jump to solution

The GPU is not upgradeable - it's a chip soldered to the mainboard.

The screen is technically upgradeable, but the cost of upgrading will likely approach or exceed 50% of the original cost of the system, as the entire top half of the system need to be replaced.

Panda90113
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15" 5000 Touch Screen!?!? GPU Upgrade? CPU Possible Bottleneck?

Jump to solution

Hey, is Unsoldering an option?

As for the Screen, wooo that's alot haha, doesnt matter too much.

9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

No, it's not.  Even if you manage to remove it without destroying the mainboard, no other GPU will work in its place.

Highlighted
Panda90113
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey, thanks for the help.
Im a lil disappointed but such is life aha.