pvrbulls
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 Webcam Failure Message: failed to start video preview. please reconnect your camera

Has there been any solution found to this problem yet?  My granddaughter's Inspiron 1525 has now come down with this problem.  I have uninstalled the webcam and reinstalled it.  Vista(32) says that it is installed, working properly and ready for use, but upon opening Webcam Center, all we get is "Failed to start video preview. Please reconnect your camera."

Why hasn't Dell got something posted on this yet?

Thanks,

pvrbulls

0 Kudos

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 Webcam Failure Message: failed to start video preview. please reconnect your camera

I recently upgraded my one year old computer that had this probelm to Windows 7.  My webcam is now working......i spent hours on the phone with Dell, had my webcam replaced and nothing.  I waited until 7 came out and it fixed my problem. 

0 Kudos
pvrbulls
1 Copper

I waited until 7 came out and it fixed my problem.

That is very interesting. 

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chimaira1967
1 Copper

i have win7 and it just stopped working for no reason

0 Kudos