Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 26th, 2012 05:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 will not boot up - please help!

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me as my computer is out of warranty.  On Thursday, my Dell Inspiron 1525 (bought in 2008) running Vista Operating System was working perfectly.  No issues at all.  On Friday morning, I went to turn on the computer and the 2 blue lights on the bottom left (the power and the one beside it) light up, the computer sounds like it is going to boot and then it beeps once and dies.  It will continue to do this over and over every few seconds until I turn off the power manually.

I have tried the trick of taking out the battery and the cord, pressing the power button and then plugging the battery and cord back in, but it still did not work.  The computer will not boot using just the cord (and not the battery) and vice versa.  Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening or how I could fix this?

Thank you in advance for any help you could offer.

1 Message

April 20th, 2016 07:00

Hey,,, I just face the same problem and after a long investigation and research,, I repair it by removing one of the RAM from the laptop then it works fine.  so try to remove one of the RAM if it still not working remove the another one and it will work.. (:

3.8K Posts

November 26th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I recommend you reseat the memory ( remove it and put it back ). Use the below link for help. Click on memory on the left side.

ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1525_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you.

2 Posts

November 26th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for the response.  I tried removing the memory as you suggested but the problem still exists.  Do you have any other recommendations?

thank you

3.8K Posts

November 27th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

What is the status of the keyboard lights when you turn on the computer.

The above image is the diagnostic codes.

Thank you.

July 2nd, 2013 21:00

I bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 in 2008. It is having 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HD, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit in it. Till yesterday, everything was perfect. But from today, I am not able to boot my laptop. It does not go past the Welcome screen. When I performed the diagnostics, it is showing the error code 2000-0146. Please suggest me what to do as soon as possible. I don't want to lose any data, even the data that is there in the drive in which the OS is installed. Thank You !

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 23:00

Hi Prithviraj_Sarkar,

I am sorry for the delayed response, The Error code 2000-0146 indicates (DST Log contains previous errors). You need to remove and reinstall the hard drive. Please use the Service manual for instructions on how to remove and replace the Hard Drive using the link below.

http://dell.to/11fhnkb

Punch in the system service tag or express service code and you will get the service manual, once you reinstall the hard drive, run the 32 bit diagnostics using the link below.

http://dell.to/13qwS8U

If the 32 bit diagnostics does not indicate a failure of the drive, we consider the error to have been corrected and the drive does not need to be replaced.

Please do reply for further assistance.

2 Posts

March 21st, 2014 22:00

this is how it looks

Thanks

Dana

2 Posts

March 21st, 2014 22:00

My Inspiron 1525 will not start up either. Upon turning on I get a Windows Error Recovery screen asking for Launch Startup Repair or to Start Windows Normally. Either choice I choose usually sends me back to the blue DELL logo and restarts up, back to that same screen, sometimes there is a quick bluescreen flash. This has been going on for over a YEAR. It would sometimes overheat (I guess) and shut off, I could keep choosing Start Normal or do the Repair option and after a few cycles it would give me the Microsoft logo and the little green loader at the bottom and I knew that meant it was going to start up for me with no probs.. unfortunately that is not the case anymore. The little logo and green moving loader bar will sometimes come up but then it will cycle back to the Error Recovery Screen. Also in the last day or so it has went to a black screen with a larger than normal white cursor, which I am able to move but get no result from touching any key or key combos, even Control Alt Delete. I have tried F8 on startup but Absolutely none of the options work, they all recycle to the blue Dell logo and start back up to the Error Recovery Screen. The other day it went to a bluescreen of death with the error "c0000142 dll initialization failed" and today it went once to the "STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}.. system has been shut down, etc" error screen.

The reason I replied to this "particular post" is because the keyboard light options shown in the picture do not have the combo that shows on my laptop. The first of the three blue lights is lit, not blinking and the other ones are not on at all. Also the round button to the left that you can press and the round power button look as if they are burnt out, they have darkened.

I'm not a novice when it comes to computers so if you guys could guide me thru some sort of processes to try to just get windows back so I can save some of the media I have stored on there I will format it and reinstall vista and see if that helps it.. I really need some of the pics and videos on there. It has my sons high school wrestling days :/

Thanks for any help
Dana

1 Message

May 9th, 2014 10:00

I am having the same trouble. It gradually started getting worse. What it's doing now is that only the Dell logo shows up on the screen and then there is just a blinking underline on top that just stays there and nothing happens. After a while, it just shuts down completely. I can't access F8 at all. Before I was able to, I tried System Restore but it didn't work. I tried it again after and it said I didn't even have any Restore points, which wasn't true. Now, I cannot even access F8. The only keyboard light that is on when I start it, is the little a on the left, just like the user above. Please help.I just want to access my files to transfer them to an external hard drive.

2 Posts

August 4th, 2014 09:00

I'm having issues similsr to this.

I have 2008 purchased Inspirion 1525, working fine for all these years with Windows 7. Only today when i tried to switch it on, it doesnt boot up at all, last night it was working all fine.

I tried all the methods, removed battery, hold down power button for 30 sec, but it doesn't  seems to work. I also tried cleaning the Fan compartment, removing hard disk, fitting it again. But nothing is working. It is showing no life at all.

It is not responding at all, i hope the processor is fine...please advise.

1 Message

September 6th, 2014 17:00

What if all 3 keyboard lights off?

1 Message

January 11th, 2015 10:00

When switched on my Inspiron 1525 (2008) shows the same screen and single blue light on left, as in photo from Dana, though the two switches are normal colour.

Has anyone suggested what this indicates yet please?

Thanks, karllee

78 Posts

June 28th, 2015 03:00

DELL INSPIRON 1521 DOES  OT BOOT UP.-

THE "3" BOARD LIGHTS ARE:  O O O

The lights stay on for about 5 seconds, they goes on again and continue the same sequence.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 28th, 2015 04:00

The mainboard is bad.

1 Message

February 15th, 2016 18:00

yes hello I have an inspiron 1521 and when I hold the "Fn" key and press my power on according to your picture I have a video issue and I really would like for this to be resolved

No Events found!