sophy01
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 1525 won't turn on

Hi, My Dell Inspiron 1525 has suddenly decided not to turn on. I get up to a Windows Vista screen where it says "Configuring updates stage 3/3" and then it restarts itself again and again. I can't get it to do anything else. Before it wasn't even getting that far and it was restarting itself and giving me the option to launch startup repair which I did. I tried to restore the system but I was told that there were no system restore points. I turned it off and on again and it then started to take me up to the configuring updates page but no further than that and I no longer get the launch startup repair option. I have also been having a problem with the battery where every time I turn it on it says "ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined" and then won't charge so I can only run it when plugged in but at the moment I would just like to get it to turn on! Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
9 Rhodium

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 won't turn on

For the issue with the power adapter, try another Dell adapter - if it doesn't solve the problem, the power jack or mainboard needs to be replaced.

The other issue could be a Windows issue -- or a hard drive fault.  To test the hard drive, press F12 at powerup, boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended hard drive test.

0 Kudos