steveu9
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 1545 - Blue screen error in Windows 7

Today, I got an error in Windows 7. It showed a blue screen with the error message 'IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL' then the computer restarted. After the computer restarted, the same error happened again shortly after.

After the error happened a few times, I then did a System Restore to 15/03/2017. At first, that seemed to fix the problem, but then it happened again about 2 hours later.

From what I've read online, the problem is caused by a power issue or driver error. I don't know how to find out the cause of what the problem is though.

Any advice about this would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

RE: Dell Inspiron 1545 - Blue screen error in Windows 7

Have you checked for any driver updates being done?  If you can't use the system, try booting into Safe Mode..

I will check my system to see if it has any problems.  My system has an updated Wi-Fi card and no webcam.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
Highlighted
steveu9
2 Bronze

I haven't checked for any driver updates yet.

Do I check for driver updates in Device Manager or is there another way to do this?

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

You may be able to see one in Windows Update.  

I just got 7 updates.  6 were for Win 7 and Office and one was optional.  The optional one installs another version of the compatibility checker to keep your system close to Win 10 in case you decide to upgrade...

I am checking mine and so far so good, but I have not yet installed the optional update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The easiest way to identify on what is causing the Bluescreen would be running applcations like Bluescreenview

http://dell.to/2njBwFd

Once the application is installed, it would be able to retrieve / read the minidump files that are created whenever the system runs into a BSOD. If you have trouble reading those files.

open the start menu and type run, then press enter.
This would bring up the run command box. There type minidump and press enter. If possible compress those files into a rar archive and share it on the thread so that I can analyze the files and let you know whats causing it.

Thanks & Regards,
Aniketh Sreenivasan
Social Media and Community Professional
Click here for : Order Status / Download Drivers

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

In addition to the foregoing, run an extended diagnostic on the the hard drive (F12 at powerup).  The single most common cause of the "IRQ not less ..." is a dying drive.

0 Kudos
steveu9
2 Bronze

Thanks for your advice.

I haven't seen the error since Monday. So whatever was the cause of it seems it was a temporary error.

0 Kudos