Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 27th, 2009 17:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 Function Keys

I recently bought the Inspiron 1545 and to be honest was actually quite struck by how simple everything was in the design. However there is only one problem that I found when I use the laptop. In order for the function keys to be used, I would need to press Fn+(Function Key) Eg. Fn+F1. Now obviously function keys are supposed to act like a shortcut key for certain activies. This actually defeats there purpose. Instead by pressing those keys without the Fn key, I would be able to use the multimedia keys and anything else on the keys with a white symbol on.

I was wondering whether there was any way in which I could swap round the functuion of the keys so that I can use the function keys without having to press Fn?

Thank You.

1 Message

January 7th, 2015 13:00

Am having the same problem with my del inspiron 7545 and the company is saying there is nothing as such as. Under the multimedia key also you gotta press the fn key! they told me on the phone and i said after restarting, it operates directly without pressing fn key and after 2hrs or such,it doesn't works at all and instead works wrong like opens the help and support page! are hey lieing? coz you just told you got your problem solved and mine didn't! i guess i should file a complaint in consumer court as they already have reset my laptop more than 2 times and also changed the keyboard once and motherboard too and also did sent them my laptop but still didn't solved. what should i do!? help me guys! as i filed the complain within 20 days of usage and not my purchase and it took 12 days for the shipping!

615 Posts

January 7th, 2015 20:00

The Dell Inspiron 1545 hasn't been available for sale from Dell (where the warranty would have been supported) since 2009. If your notebook is a different model you will have better luck with a reply after you locate your model and post a question or request in the appropriate thread. If your machine is a 1545 and you're still using it...or want to but it needs service you will need to take it to an independent or 3rd party service center and pay for that service. Normally when you mention litigation nobody ...flatly nobody...will entertain your comments and it's pretty common to be ignored. I hope your machine is NOT a 1545 and that you have a different model that might still be covered under your warranty. Certainly the Inspiron 1545 is not.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2015 13:00

thank you.  This took me a couple of seconds to correct the issues.

1 Message

March 28th, 2015 03:00

Hi

I don't see the option for fn key in Windows Mobility Center. 

Please suggest me an alternative option

thanks

Pravin

1 Message

October 1st, 2015 06:00

Super and simple. Thanks

1 Message

October 7th, 2015 10:00

Hallelujah! Thank you. That worked like a charm. 

No Events found!