Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2012 03:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 LCD issue

Hi,

couple of weeks ago my LCD got damaged, i got a new lcd but the new LCD is with part no. LP156WH2, i have seen at many places that this is also a part for Dell inspiron 1545 but my original working lcd was :  LTN156AT02 .there is a difference between the jack :  the jack of my old lcd doesn't fit the LP156WH2.

Can you plz help..is there any way i can use LP156WH2 instead of LTN156AT02 ???? Thanks.

1.1K Posts

October 16th, 2012 04:00

Hi nabss,

I would need your system's Service Tag to check the specifications of the LCD.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Keep me posted. Please reply in case you have any questions.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 16th, 2012 05:00

LP is LG-Phililps;  LTN is Samsung.  You'll need a new data cable for the screen you purchased.

2 Posts

October 19th, 2012 00:00

Thanks ejn63 and DELL-Vikram M,

@ DELL-Vikram M : Service tag i <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

@ ejn63: can you please tell which cable..or any reference, i have wasted some of my money due to my own neglegence, due to the fact i didn't know about the part no. ..

just checked: originally the part no. was LTN156AT01. The Original LCD ..the LED i bought is LP156WH2..its a LED

i need to know which cable should i get..coz as it seems LTN156AT01 connects Via two connecter: one jack or data cable second one is the 2 pin cable with red and white wire.. while LP156wh2 has only a 40pin connecter jack and no other cables coming out of it..

For Reference below are the Ebay link for both:

LTN156AT01 :  www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=sr_1_1

LP156WH2:   www.ebay.co.uk/.../120678892510

can you guys please confirm if these are compatible with my laptop, coz the data cable/ jack i currently have doesnt connect ot LP156wh2, may be i need to change the cable as well, if so then which one..any other solutions if possile please let me know. Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 19th, 2012 06:00

The screen you purchased use a CCFL (bulb) backlight.  It won't work in place of the one you had, which has an LED backlight.  Return the screen and order an exact replacement for the one you had.

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 13:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                          

No Events found!