Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2015 10:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop Battery not Charging but the AC Adapter is Plugged In

Recently I buy new battery from dell.com according to my laptop service tag but when I replace the old one with the new one and began to use it, It is not work as I mentioned in the subject. 

I tried all the solutions that I found in this forum but nothing work, although all are verified answers.

The bios Screen shows the battery health is normal and the AC adapter is recognized

The BIOS driver is up to date.

The central pin of the AC adapter jack is OK and even if I try another charger but the situation still the same.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver not work too

The old battery is still charging and working but of course for short time About 10 minutes (it has 4 years old)

The charging light blink white and red instead of white solid

What should I try other????

Thanx

9.4K Posts

April 14th, 2015 12:00

Hi Halhaj,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

The Inspiron1545 was offered with three different batteries. The batteries are system specific and are not interchangeable with other system batteries.

The batteries offered are as follows:

6-cell 56Wh/48Wh/41Wh ”smart” lithium ion
9-cell 85Wh ”smart” lithium ion
4-cell 28Wh ”smart” lithium ion

When you connect the computer to an electrical outlet or install a battery while the computer is connected to an electrical outlet, it checks the battery charge and temperature. If necessary, the AC adapter then charges the battery and maintains the battery charge.

You should check the battery part number and compare it with the invoice for your system. If the part number is not listed, then you may be attempting to use an older notebook battery, which is not supported. You will need to install the battery shipped with the system.

Regards,
Robert

2 Posts

April 14th, 2015 23:00

the battery is one of you mentioned above, it is 9-cell 85Wh type GP952 Supported for dell inspiron 1545 laptop.

the only deference is the battery shipped with the system was 6-cell 48Wh but the two batteries are supported for dell inspiron 1545 laptop according to the dell.com  

No Events found!