Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2015 19:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop Battery wont charge but A|C power on computer

I have a 2009 Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop that was dropped onto the floor and the impact happened in the power charger assembly area. It cracked the housing and I think may have damaged the charging assembly because the laptop unit will power on but wont charge the battery.

I replaced the battery assembly and it still wont charge then I inspected the charger assembly. It was octagon shaped and had a center metal pin that was bent inside the plug, I tried to straighten it out and it broke off.

I need a new A/C charger plug now but was that the cause of the battery not charging or is the internal charging assembly in the laptop damaged because it looks like it took quite a hit. I included a couple picture because its hard to understand unless you see.

My question is the damage to the laptop case and charging assembly the problem or could it have been the bent metal pin inside of the plug that broke off when I attempted to straighten it out?

the laptop case and charging assembly:

octagon charger plug and broken metal pin:

inside of charger plug where metal pin broke off from:

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 21st, 2015 08:00

You need two things:  First, a new DC jack:

< >

and also a new AC adapter.

3 Posts

May 21st, 2015 07:00

anyone?

3 Posts

May 21st, 2015 14:00

Thank you very much the website told me exactly what was wrong and how to fix it...

No Events found!