Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2014 23:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 Screen Problem!!! Help, it's getting HOT!

My Dell Inspirion was put into a storage for the last couple months. I just got it out of it and start using it again, I'm not sure if the screen was squeezed before but now there is a dark spot in the corner of my screen. The laptop would start up normally with a normal screen, then after5 mins, the bottom left corner started to get hot and the corner of the screen start to black out, other part of the screen is still normal.

What is the problem with my screen? Is there a way to fix this? Note that I ran out of warranty.

I will try to upload some pics.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 9th, 2014 01:00

Hi CyraxNguyen,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the LCD screen on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Also, There seems to be problem with the LCD screen on your computer to confirm we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

1. Turn of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.
  3. You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if you see the same way on the screen.

January 9th, 2014 08:00

I checked it this morning, everything was normal, I saw all the color.

Here's some pics of the dark spot on the screen, one is the other corner, which is normal.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 13th, 2014 15:00

Hi CyraxNguyen,

I would suggest you to connect an external display to the system after the 5-10 mins to check if issue reoccurs on the external display.

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2015 16:00

This is happening to us too.

There is something seriously wrong with the computer and there is a fire hazard.

Dell, Please give us something more useful to go by.

I'm scared to buy another dell product if this happens.

What is broken? and is it fixable?

No Events found!