Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2017 20:00

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

I am addressing these issues here cos' I am not getting any response on Indian forums.WOuld appreciate if someone reverts.

NETWORK

I have a Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 Laptop and I have a LAN connection (Realtek PCIe FE Controller) where I am able to access speeds of up to 1 Gbps. Unfortunately I am not able to do the same on this laptop as the existing Card and/or Drivers installed permit me to access speeds of only up to 100 Mbps. My question is how do I modify the configuration so that I am able to access higher LAN speeds as mentioned above - 1. Can installing drivers / updating software allow me to do that? 2. If not, are there any alternate options available such as a USB adapter?

POWER

When I shut down the computer, it does not shut down completely and I have to power shut it down every time. I have run diagnostics and it shows that everything is okay. The battery needs to be replaced, so is the problem due to this?

FAN NOISE

There is fan noise sometimes when I switch on the PC. Is the fan noise due to dust accumulation or is / are there any other problem/s? What action do I take?

BATTERY

From where can I procure a 6-cell or 9-cell battery for my laptop. I am willing to procure it from US if its available there. Its not available in Dell India or partner websites. I am not sure about the authenticity of products being sold on online retail websites. Kindly advise.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 8th, 2017 05:00

Network -- the only option is a USB adapter;  the board NIC is 10/100 and can't be upgraded. 

No, the problem isn't the battery.  Likely a program or driver is the issue.  Try booting in safe mode (accessed through startup in the control panel).  If it'll shut down successfully from there, start eliminating programs until you find the one blocking shutdown.

Could be;  clean the system thoroughly.  If that doesn't help, replace the thermal pads that sit between the CPU and heasink and GPU and heatsink.

The only way to be sure of a genuine Dell battery is to buy direct from Dell.

December 8th, 2017 08:00

Firstly, thank you for responding. Had written to Dell India Support, Customer Care, partner websites and none of them have bothered to reply. So appreciate the promptness.

Networking - I have already placed an order for TP-Link adapter, so I guess I'm on the right path.

Shutting down problem - Tried booting in safe mode and updated all drivers - not working. Will try to eliminate programs and check if there's a problem. IN an earlier laptop the antivirus was creating similar problems. Maybe I'll start there.

Fan Noise - guess a visit to the service center is due.

Battery - Dell India and partner websites do not have this battery and they have no clue whether arranging on is possible On the contrary a customer service personnel have asked me to procure one online. Can I procure from Dell US? Will it be delivered to Gurgaon, India?

No Events found!