Highlighted
Amitava96
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15R 7520 Special Edition - AMD Display Driver issue

Hello,

Well to start with the problem arose 2 days earlier when I was playing League of Legends as usual.The laptop crashed to black screen and started rebooting but was presented by a blue screen error Vedio TDR Failure(atikmpag.sys) and it would keep restarting.

In case you are wondering, no new drivers or windows updates were installed that day or the week.I have been using the same drivers with no issues for an year or so.I didnt have the recovery disk with me,so I downloaded the same version of OS 8.1 single language from the windows website into usb drive and successfully booted into safe mode with it.Then, I proceeded to uninstall AMD drivers and all its components and voila,my computer could boot normally again.Hence, the problem is AMD.Now, I tried installing the original AMD drivers from the dell support website , which were successful except AMD DISPLAY DRIVER,which brings me the root cause.The log just says AMD DISPLAY DRIVER status failure.Again, I uninstalled in safe mode and tried installing from AMD website(the updated ones),which installed successfully.The laptop rebooted but after 4-5 minutes,again another blue screen error popped up saying THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER and restarted again and again.Currently, am running my laptop without any amd drivers(uninstalled them).

Tried running sfc /scannow says found corrupted files,tried repairing with restorehealth said failed to repair amd64.....

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos