Highlighted
AVKinG
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 does not turn on. Suddenly shut down.

I had already posted a forum post regarding the issue with my laptop.

I would like to send it in for repairs. The problem I am experiencing is as follows: suddenly shut off, does not turn on, the power supply LED light (on the AC adapter) shuts off the moment I plug it into the computer. I'd tried everything, please, do not clarify what is wrong or send me messages about what I should do to fix it. 

Again, I want it fixed, warranty has expired a long time ago.

What are my options?

0 Kudos
11 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 does not turn on. Suddenly shut down.

Hi AVKinG,

It would be good if we could isolate the issue so that you can find the faulty part. However please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only).If you are from different region please reply us.

0 Kudos
AVKinG
1 Nickel

Hello,

I am from Canada, British Columbia.

0 Kudos
AVKinG
1 Nickel

My conversation with the other support guy had finished on this note as well. Ignoring a customer seems to be the way to go for Dell. Instead of providing options or saying there are no options, they would rather ignore. 

Good job, Dell.

0 Kudos

Hi AVKinG,

I can understand your frustration and we regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please reply us with the issue details and steps performed so that we could check and assist you further. You can contact our Canada out of warranty repairs team at 1866-440-3355.

0 Kudos
AVKinG
1 Nickel

Thank you for "staying" with me.

I turned on my laptop, launched Chrome Browser to surf the web. Few minutes later the computer simply shut down as if it overheated, yet the computer was not hot at all as I had just launched it and just started using it. The laptop has never shut down from overheating before anyway. 

These are the steps I'd performed to find out what is wrong:

Took out the battery, pressed and held the power button for about 1 minute

Put the battery inside, pressed and held the power button for about 1 minute

Took out the battery, plugged the charger in, pressed and held the power button for 1 minute

Put the battery back in, plugged the charger in, pressed and held the power button for 1 minute

Note: when I plug the charger into the laptop, the LED light on the transformer box (the heavy black "thing" in the "middle" of a charger cord) shuts down the moment it comes into contact with the plug. I also used 3 other chargers to check if there is a problem with the actual charger. Same thing occurred with every single charger. I also used these chargers on another Dell laptop and all of them worked properly.

I had tried other things before, I just do not remember what exactly, but I do remember that I had done everything I could have done.

Could you please identify what I should do before I call the Out-of-Warranty team?

Is there anything specific I should tell the team except my Express Service Code, Service Tag and my current location?

How much, approximately, will it cost me to repair the system? (+- 100$ is good enough of a range)

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
AVKinG
1 Nickel

So, any options?

0 Kudos
ishameer
1 Copper

Hey AVKING...... Did the issue resolved? I have a same issue and i don't see any solution available in net. If you found the solution please share here. Thanks

0 Kudos
Trifford
1 Copper

I also have this exact same problem.  Shut down today, no lights, adapter light goes off when you plug it in and I am also out of warranty.

0 Kudos
MVA19
1 Copper

I had the exact same problem last week. I contacted Dell Support and they suggested it was the dcin connector of the motherboard.

Did any of you had the repair? How much did it cost? Also out of warrenty..

Thanks

0 Kudos