Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2012 20:00

Dell Inspiron 15R n5110 Keyboard

Hi there!

I am the proud owner of one of these notebooks (the one with 2nd Gen i7) and i want to know just out of curiosity if there is any way of replacing the current keyboard with an illuminated one :)

3.8K Posts

August 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I guess your referring to a Backlit Keyboard. This system does not have an option for a Backlit Keyboard.  

Thank you.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2012 19:00

Hi, I too have the same notebook and I was wondering if they even make a replacable backlit keyboard that I could order and install myself..I was very disappointed when I realized that it didnt have on since most laptops these days have that option..other than that I love this laptop but would really like a backlit keyboard for it.:emotion-9:

7 Posts

December 25th, 2012 10:00

I have seen some folks advertise a backlit keyboard for the Dell Inspiron with added info suggesting they are selling parts for the 15r, 5110, and/or N5110.

I do not know the origin for their parts, though I presumed they were from damaged parted out laptops, though possibly new. I have an I7 2nd gen chip machine too. I do not know its build date. My Dell has a number keyboard to the right side of the letter keyboard, unlike the current new models. It also has a somewhat flimsy black plastic case, not metal. 2 USB 3.0, 1 usb 2.0 and 1 combo esata/usb 2.0 port. So mine may have built in the spring to early fall of 2012.

Does Dell sell a backlit keyboard compatible with my laptop? If so, what is the cost and part number.

If Dell does not have this part, is there a good 3rd party  aftermarket option?

If not, is there any particular specification for the current keyboard size, ribbon connector, drivers, etc.

Thanks

No Events found!