Highlighted
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 15R startup problem - help needed!

A few months ago, I began to have a problem where the laptop would not power on. When plugged in, the charging light is present. When the power button is pressed, the lights will turn on, but right after, all except the first light—and charging light if plugged up—will go off, then a second or two later, the first will turn off and there will be a clicking sound followed by the laptop turning back off. The screen is at no point responsive and the DVD compartment will not open. There are no beeps, the only sound (other than the single click on the right side of the laptop) is the fan as the laptop attempts to start up. I'm hoping to be able to resolve the problem on my own to prevent the eminent crying and depression of buying a new laptop. Only joking, but I do hope to be able to fix my laptop, as it always works well and laptops are expensive! -I have already tried removing the battery and charger and holding the power button in every possible way. I have also used compressed air through the cracks to clean the interior.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

RE: Dell Inspiron 15R startup problem - help needed!

Hi ModJordan

Thanks for writing to us.

Was there any hardware changes or software changes done recently? 

Please remove the memory modules and try with one module at a time and observe for any changes.

Also try an external monitor if possible. 

Do let us know how it goes. 

Provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message.

Regards

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos