Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2013 11:00

Dell Inspiron 15R - stuck in continuous automatic repair loop / general problems since purchase (2 weeks ago)

Hi I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15R direct from Dell 2 weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. The first time I switched it on I got the message "checking media: fail" , "check media: fail"...which sounds like a potential issue...however I thought nothing of it as the laptop still worked. I have then had the message that there is an issue with the hard drive. At the moment I am unable to even log in to the laptop as it is stuck on a continuous loop on the "preparing automatic repair"...I have left it for 2 hours and it just keeps looping. I have not loaded any program's onto the laptop or downloaded any program's.....I have literally browsed the Internet a couple of times. Please can you advise what to do...this is meant to be a brand new laptop ?! Thanks Andy

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 7th, 2013 12:00

Inspiron 15R 5521

Hard Drive Read Error     2000-0151

The drive is likely toast.

Computer Model  Inspiron 15R 5521
Shipping Date7/23/2013
Country    United Kingdom

This forum is not DELL UK Warranty Support.

1.5K Posts

Hi Andy,

Apologies for an unpleasant experience with the new laptop. Please share the exact model of the system as there are various model available for Dell Inspiron 15R and operating system installed. Also, run diagnostics on the system to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist further.

1.5K Posts

August 7th, 2013 13:00

Hi Andy,

Apologies for all the inconvenience caused. Please remove the service tag from public view for security reasons.

The error message displays hard drive failure and replacement is required. You must have received a validation message as well along with this error code. Please share that as well with me. Also, reply with the below mentioned information in a private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation).

• Your Complete Name
  • Contact Number
  • Email Address
  • Address where you want the service to be done
  • Best time to reach you

I will arrange for the laptop repairs under warranty for you. Please reply with the information.

1 Message

October 12th, 2014 18:00

I purchased a dell inspiron 11 notebook and it just keep saying automatic repair and diagnose pc keeps on blinking on what to do

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

Drive has likely been bonked and needs to be replaced.  Automatic repair cannot fix physical damage.

If the drive is fine you may be able to reinstall windows from scratch but I doubt that.:emotion-9:

Hi - thanks for both of your swift responses - much appreciated.

I have run the diagnostics and get the following error code - 2000-0151

I had no problems at all with my previous Dell laptop and so it's disappointing that my brand new one has had issues on arrival - I'm not one usually to complain!

Thanks for your help

Andy

August 14th, 2013 12:00

Hi

Just to update anyone who sees this post - Saharsh (above) contacted me privately and arranged a Dell Engineer to come out and fix the problem.  The Engineer came yesterday (13th August) so within a week and now my laptop is back working.  Overall while obviously disappointing that there was an issue with the laptop when it first arrived....a very swift and satisfactory response from Dell once the issue had been highlighted.

Thanks

Andy

1.5K Posts

August 14th, 2013 16:00

Hi Andy,

Glad we could help by fixing your issue. In case of a similar situation in future, you can always refer to the link . Feel free to reach out to us on Support Site for any help.

1 Message

April 9th, 2015 16:00

Hi, I am having this same exact problem, same error code and all. Can you help me?

1 Message

April 24th, 2015 11:00

I bought the same model last year (2014) Oct and have same problem and same error code. Looks like this is common problem for this Dell model and hard drive need to be repaired. Is this covered by the warranty within one year?

Steve

July 14th, 2015 18:00

I have run the diagnostics and get the following error code - 2000-0151

And this have happen before but Dell sent a Cd in the mail too fix the problem. So can someone help fix the problem please

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 11:00

well i have the same problem i did what you sed and here is what it sed

error 2000-0142

validation 88504

msg: hard drive 0 - s/ns2wzja0cb20815, short test unsuccessful.

also its making beeping like this 

. .... .. and do like a ring after with the caps going with the beeps and rings 

i would also like to note red x on cdrom drive and the hard drive is just blue dot everything else is green. if you or anyone can help it would be great 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 8th, 2015 10:00

How do I contact to get help?

1 Message

March 30th, 2016 14:00

Nothing popped up it says the computer is perfectly fine it asked me do I want to wait another 30 minutes for the memory check and I hit know what can I do know

No Events found!