Halestone
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15r 7520 SE screen model number

Jump to solution

Dell Inspiron 15R 7520 SE

I'm looking to upgrade my 1366x768 screen to a Full HD 1080 and was wondering if someone can help get the model number without me opening up the guts of my laptop.

Another point does anyone know how many pins the cable is that connects the screens 30pin or 40pin ?

Thanks for any help

Shaun

0 Kudos
4 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Dell Inspiron 15r 7520 SE screen model number

Jump to solution

DC9YJ is one of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-15-6-WUXGA-Matte-LCD-LED-Screen-For-Dell-DC9YJ-/400591050135

If your system has a video camera,  the cable is this one:

http://www.impactcomputers.com/r4ww7.html

(you will need a new cable - the one from the low-resolution screen will not work with the higher resolution panel).

0 Kudos
Halestone
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for that.  Are these cable refs the same in the UK ? I'm assuming yes seeing as the computer was made in china.

My 15r SE has a video camera so will i be able to just switch the cable out ?

Am I able to buy a FHD screen and cable from DELL ??

Thanks for your help

shaun

0 Kudos
ShalabhAwasthi
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Shaun,

Have to tried to replace HD display with FHD display? Is it working fine? I also to replace display of my same laptop with FHD screen. 1366x768 display is pathetic.

Please let me know if you have any additional suggestions to make it work.

Thanks,

Shalabh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Halestone
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Shalabh,

Yes I did replace my Screen with a FHD display and it is working great. The only problem you may have is in trying to find the correct cable to link the motherboard to the display. I had to purchase one via ebay from america.  there is a video on utube showing you exactly what to do - it's great help

The cable required is R4WW7 i got it from a seller called part4sale06 paid approx $44 which included postage and import charges.

I've upgrade my keyboard to being backlit as well. I have an i5 processor like the idead of getting a i7 but not to sure about my skills in upgrading that and bios ....

0 Kudos