Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 26th, 2014 20:00

Dell Inspiron 15r SE Graphics Card Issues

This has been posted a few times but I have been unable to find a solution so I am going to ask again hoping for a new idea. I have the Dell Inspiton 15r SE and it comes with a Radeon HD 7730M Graphics Card. This computer utilizes the Catalyst Control Center and turns on the nice Radeon graphics card only when it is needed. The problem I am having is I can't figure out when it is being used and I don't think it is. My frame rate is complete crash for simple games. When I first got the computer it seemed to work fine and I would be able to run my games at great frame rates and quality. After a few Windows Updates and going to Windows 8.1 it seems to not work. I did the obvious thing and re installed the Control Center and the Drivers for 8.1 and saw no fix. I did a system recovery because I had problems with my dell touch pad and the card's drivers still need to be fixed. I am currently using WIndows 8 and need to know of a fix for this. Whenever I try to install Catalyst Control Center now it says it installed but there were errors. I can't open CCC or switchable graphics. Any help would be great. Thanks.

January 27th, 2014 02:00

So I was also having a similar problem when a program of mine updated the drivers, so what I did was go to my OS programs, clicked AMD, and then hit the first tab or folder that says,   AMD_Catalyst_13.11_Mobility _BetaV9.2 . (Note to self if you don't have this folder than check here on the link for AMD website with the link to download it, second down. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64 ) once you have this open it up and then hit set up in the bottom. Allow access, then choice your language choice. Hit next then install select express and then let it update then reboot and you should have things working.

Remember you can open up the AMD Catalyst Control Center and change the performance of each program or just plug in your computer to the wall outlet with the adapter charger and change performance to High Performance.

Hopefully this helps,

Email me at:

and let me know how it went, and if questions let me know.

No Events found!