Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2015 05:00

Dell Inspiron 17 3721- A/C and battery problems

Hey guys, just recently I have realized that my dell inspiron is having some battery problems. Just today morning I realized that when I remove the A/C/ power plug, my computer completely shuts off. 

I have no idea why its doing this. When I look at the windows task bar, my battery shows that it is fully charged (100%).

Its so weird and frustrating. In my opinion I believe its more of a settings issue rather than a hardware issue. My computer is telling me thats its full charges as well as its saying that it has not detected any problems.

Any help or feedback is appreciated ;)

780 Posts

June 3rd, 2015 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

Can you please check what does "AC Adapter type" shows in BIOS. To enter BIOS, Keep tapping F2 on the start up Dell screen.

Also try reseating the battery if you could. Place the mouse pointer on the battery icon at the bottom left and check what does it reads.

Try these above given steps and let us know the results. You may also run a hardware diagnostics to confirm there is any part failures.

To enter diagnostics, Keep tapping F12 on the startup Dell logo that comes as soon you press the power button.

Select "Diagnostics" from the list, Run it completely and let us know if it passes, Else please reply with the Error message and validation code, we shall take it further.

Thank you

No Events found!