Highlighted
BSECO
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 17 5758 stuck in "preparing automatic repair" loop and says hard drive isnt installed

I have had my Dell Inspiron 17 5758 Laptop since around Feb 10, 2015 so almost 2 years now.  The lap top was working fine up until mid day yesterday now it is stuck in the "preparing sutomatic repair" loop and ends with either a black screen, saying my laptop didnt start correctly or that it couldnt repair my laptop and when i try to run a diagnostic on it it says that my hard drive is not installed. Also now the hard drove is simply not running. Is this because the hard drive as failed? Its in transit a lot and occasionnaly hits a bumps on the seat of my car when driving.

Also if i have to buy a new hard drive how would i install windows 10 on my laptop again? Will i have to pay for it again?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
9 Rhodium

RE: Dell Inspiron 17 5758 stuck in "preparing automatic repair" loop and says hard drive isnt installed

Unplug the system, disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove the base cover and hard drive - then reinstall them.  If the drive is still not detected, it's toast.

Reinstalling 10:

www.dell.com/.../reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-computer

0 Kudos