Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2017 10:00

Dell Inspiron 17 7000 series 2in1

I am not happy with this product. I have submitted a second trouble ticket today. The first was for a hard drive issue and the second is probably a motherboard as the customer support alluded to. Less than 6 months and now twice I am going to be without my laptop for an extended period of time. The first time was a for a week. For the second issue, I will have to send my laptop into the service center and even though they said they would expedite it, it will probably take at least two weeks for just shipping back and forth. 

I was thinking of getting something similar for my daughter, but after my experience with how inconsistent the laptop has been and how fixing the current laptop I have will take awhile, I can't see buying another Dell laptop. I was thinking of starting on my Master's next year, but obviously I may have to think about purchasing a second laptop to ensure that I have a trustworthy device to use for my school work. 

Honestly, right now, I feel that with every new Facebook post that Dell has about new products, I would like to tell my story on each and every post to ensure everyone thinks twice about buying a Dell computer. Just looking through the posts in the forums, it doesn't seem like many people are getting the support that they should be getting for spending a good chunk of money on these computers. The last time I had this much trouble with a computer was with E-Machine and their service was terrible. Is Dell going the way of E-Machine and I have made a mistake in purchasing a Dell laptop?

No Responses!
No Events found!