Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2011 10:00

Dell Inspiron 1720 32 bit service pack 2 Audio problem

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720, 32 bit service pack 2, with Vista Ultimate.   I lost my sound and have a message that said No Audio Output Device Installed.  I found the driver that should make it work but when I down load it it says I have no files.  It looks like I lost the software as well.  Where do I find the software to get it reinstalled.  I like to have free software because I dont want to buy it,   The Driver is a Sihma Tel STAC 92xx C-Major HD Audio.   Can anyone please help me???   Thanks.

knightspawn5

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 9th, 2011 11:00

I found the driver that should make it work but when I down load it it says I have no files.

If you were using the Dell Download Manager when you received that error then the problem is the Dell Download Manager itself. You can avoid using the Dell Download Manager and just do a direct download of the driver by following the instructions in the Dell Download Manager FAQ.

Where do I find the software to get it reinstalled.

You had probably already found the correct audio driver. It is the one in the Audio category on the 1720 downloads page. Make sure the operating system dropdown box says "Windows Vista ".

No Events found!