Szymon11222
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 3542 - TouchPad freezes after waking up computer from hibernation

Hi guys! Please help me with issue - TouchPad program (SynTPEnh) in my Dell Inspiron 3542 freezes after waking up computer from hibernation. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Problem doesn't appear if I make a restart or just turn on computer (not hibernated). It happens only if my laptop were hibernated. Unfortunately, I hibernate computer very often and would like to do it.

If anyone asks - if program SynTPEnh is freezed I can still use TouchPad, but cursor is very slow (I set speed of the cursor for full because it's comfortable for me).

Tried to install drivers (Dell TouchPad  19.0.9.4) again. Anyone cope with such problem?

How to make SynTPEnh usable after hibernation?

Thanks in advance. :-)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Dell Inspiron 3542 - TouchPad freezes after waking up computer from hibernation

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps .

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In Device Manager, locate the Touchpad and then double-click the device name.
3. Click the Power Management tab, and then Select the option "Allow this device to wake the computer" checkbox.
4. Click Ok.

Kindly let us know if the issue is not resolved .

Thanks

Robin

0 Kudos
Szymon11222
2 Bronze

RE: Dell Inspiron 3542 - TouchPad freezes after waking up computer from hibernation

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

I found only these tabs: Overall, Drivers, Details, Events (my translations from Polish). Nothing about Power Management.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

The other was to get there is control panel - > Power options and - change settings- advanced settings.

Thanks

Robin

0 Kudos