Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

October 16th, 2017 08:00

Dell Inspiron 3542 keyboard problem

I am experiencing too much problem of my laptop keyboard.

1) Whenever I adjust the brightness of the screen using the inbuilt brightness keys which are F11  and F12, on the desktop the top left icon gets selected and when I refresh the desktop it again gets selected. Due to this I am also experiencing scrolling problem. Whenever I scroll down a page using the Down arrow, it doesn't let me scroll down and even if I manage to scroll down, the page goes up again. The arrow keys don't work properly.

2) When I press any key from the numpad, the cursor shifts to the extreme left of the sentence while typing.

Please help me because I am learning programming on this laptop and it is very important for me to practice it. So please reply back with a solution as soon as possible.

I am running Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 17th, 2017 08:00

audichinmay2001,

Reinstall the chipset drivers, reboot and then install the Dell Quickset Application.

Dell 3542 Drivers

30 Posts

October 17th, 2017 10:00

Hi audichinmay2001,

1) For keyboard troubleshooting, you may try to use Support Assist by Dell.

2) It should be preinstalled in Dell system, or you may download from www.dell.com/support/supportassist (you should be redirected to support assist page)

3) Run the support assist. Click on Hardware Test.

4) Wait for a while until all the hardwares is loaded. Choose a specific device to scan

5) Choose Keyboard.

6) Test if all the keys are working as intended or have any auto-pressed key.

You may also try to see at on screen keyboard which comes together with Windows.

Whenever you press something, it should highlight the letter on the screen keyboard.

Last but not least, you can also check if issue still persist if you use external keyboard.

Regards

Shafwan

October 22nd, 2017 01:00

I tried all the above methods but none of them worked for me.

But I tried the on screen keyboard method.  When I typed the number 6 from my keyboard it did not highlight on the on screen keyboard. While the other letters worked well. Only the issue is with the numpad and the arrow keys. I also tried reinstalling the Intel Chipset Driver, but it didn't work.

October 25th, 2017 08:00

I tried all the above methods but none of them worked for me.

But I tried the on screen keyboard method.  When I typed the number 6 from my keyboard it did not highlight on the on screen keyboard. While the other letters worked well. Only the issue is with the numpad and the arrow keys. I also tried reinstalling the Intel Chipset Driver, but it didn't work.

No Events found!