Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

June 5th, 2016 06:00

Dell Inspiron 3543 freezes after BIOS upgrade

Hello to all,

I want to report a problem with BIOS update for Win7 64-bit OS on my Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop. After BIOS update from A06 to A07 (or A08 the symptoms are the same) windows 7 freezes on the start (after welcome screen). I have found that there is a problem with service called  "Multimedia Class Scheduler". When it is disabled the OS starts normally (except services connected with "Multimedia Class Scheduler"), but when this service is enabled OS freezes and you cannot do anything.

It would be nice if this error can be fixed, because I also want to upgrade my laptop with latest BIOS fix. Is there anybody with the same problem, who manage to resolve it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Posts

October 11th, 2016 16:00

I have the exact same problem. It must be a bios A07/A08 problem in combination with windows 7 64bit on Dell inspiron 3543. When i tried to update windows 7 to win10 the problem disappears and everything works fine. The problem is that I need to work in win 7 environment due to software incompatibilities with win10.

2 Posts

November 21st, 2016 03:00

Anyone else with the same problem? or any idea what might be done to fix the issue?  I'm still having MMCSS (Multimedia Class Scheduler service) disabled and hence no sound, in order to be able to work with my laptop.

No Events found!