Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 2nd, 2017 19:00

Dell Inspiron 5520 i5 - AMD Card ?

Hi

I Own Dell inspiron 5520 for about 4 years, recently I've started playing games on it. I know that my laptop is not gaming laptop but I have read that it has switchable graphics cards. Intell HD 4000 and Amd radeon HD 7670M. 'Detect product option on dell official website  shows '15R 5520' laptop. My laptop is 5520 does '15R' makes any difference ?? Detect drivers mode automtically shows me AMD Catalys software, which is outdated however latest amd-catalyst-15.7.1 installed properly some software. My windows device menager never recognised AMD card. AMD radeon 7670m doesn't appear in my device menager. I have tried on BIOS A13 and A14, Windows 7 - 64 and Windows 10 - 64. I have tried to install drivers in any order and in devide mager option I can see only Intell 4000 HD.

Looks like my laptop came out with Intel 4000 HD only.

Please Help

2K Posts

June 3rd, 2017 01:00

Hi KOPER,

The 15R was a special edition released in a few countries.

If the 5520 was purchased only with integrated graphics, then the AMD driver will not install, since there is no compatible hardware. And, that could be the reason why device manager does not list the AMD card.

Kindly private message me the service tag of the system and your name, so I could check the order details and confirm the same. 

Alternatively, you could enter the service tag and check the original system configuration here

Let us know if you have any other queries.

6 Posts

June 3rd, 2017 02:00

Thank you so much for your answer, for last one week I have spent every free hour to figure out how to install this AMD card which probably doesn't exist. Now at least I can give up. My Service Tag number is worn out and I can not read it however your detect system service shows this number: Service Tag:  Express Service Code: . Again Thank you for your help ! Looks like my new laptop will be Dell as well as I am happy with my laptop and your customer service. Regards

2K Posts

June 4th, 2017 02:00

Hi KOPER,

Thank you for the feedback.

Should you need any info / help, contact us anytime.

No Events found!